Saturday, November 24, 2007

So this is Christmas...

That's one of the few John Lennon songs I actually like. Jimmy Buffett's version has been playing as I de-filthify Casa de Jammies in preparation for a decorating orgy tomorrow. I haven't been a Christian for a long time, in fact I haven't been anything religious for a long time. But I like the idea that once a year, it's okay to have silly, gaudy decorations all over your house, and to spend your time thinking about what you can give to others to make their faces light up, and to celebrate that yes, it's the darkest time of the year, but hey, the sun's gonna come back.

*grin* Given that I just had sausage gravy for lunch, maybe what I'm really celebrating is Hogswatch. That's okay too.

Happy holidays, my friends, whatever you may or may not celebrate, I promise that the sun will come back.

No comments: