Sunday, November 18, 2007

Carelessness = OUCH!

I was talking on the phone to Captain Crossword, who had Annabel on his other phone, so that we could coordinate the signups for shore excursions when we take our family cruise next month. I'm actually doing one thing by myself, which I think is sort of brave of me. Anyway, I was yakking away and went to do my shot while I was talking. CC handed me off to Mom for a minute, and while I was talking to her, I hit the button on my auto-injector and apparently slammed the needle right into a nerve.

There's a line of pain running right down to my fingertips at the moment, and I am one sorry Jammies.

New rule: even though you've done it close to a thousand times before, don't multitask while you're doing your injection.

Ow.

2 comments:

Romantic Heretic said...

*HUGS* Jammies.

Aren't you glad you don't work with explosives? ;)

Jammies said...

I am, Rob, especially after tonight. With all due care and caution, I picked a spot on my left arm and hit a nerve again.

It's just possible that I've lost enough weight to mean I now have insufficient fat in my upper arms to have a safe place to inject. I may skip my arms entirely from now on. Ow ow ow ow!