Saturday, November 10, 2007

So proud I could burst

My nephew passed his test today and received his gold belt in Tae Kwon Do. He looked so adorable and serious out there, saying "Yes, Sir!" in a loud, clear voice and doing everything asked of him. I'm definitely going to the next belt test/ceremony.

After the test, we had a celebratory lunch, and the self-possessed young man in the gi turned into a semi-rotten little boy who had to be told three times not to pick his French toast up off the plate and lick the sugar off of it, but that's how it goes when you're seven and a half.

When we returned to Pickypants manor, Mom & Anabel and I looked at all the potential activities for our Disney cruise next February, talked about who wanted to do what and what clothes we are taking, and then Mom & I came home. Overall, a lovely way to spend a fall day.

No comments: