Monday, July 02, 2007

Unabashed gloating

The hard labor in the garden is done for the year, and now is the time when I get to gloat. There are six gladiolus plants with buds, the butterfly bushes are blooming like mad, and I have eight volunteer mini-roses in the bed against the house which I shall transplant in the fall. The plastic outdoor furniture is scrubbed and set out, and the gravelled area below the apple trees is complete, both awaiting only guests.

*happy sigh*

All of this is why I neglect my house and work my fingers raw in the spring.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

...and don't forget the termaters.

Jay said...

well good! Now that the gardening is settled and in full bloom, you have just enough time to clean house from all the neglect before "She who must be Obeyed" and her concubine "He who wears Sarongs" arrive.

Anonymous said...

I hate a showoff.

Jammies said...

Termaters duly planted and thriving, Argy--two Big Beef and one Early Girl.

I was planning to make you clean the house, SarongBoy.

Zayrina, I lurrrrrrrves you anyway.

Anonymous said...

You know I gots green thumb envy, doncha?

Jay said...

no no no, Mz. Troll... I will NOT be cleaning your house. We have been cleaning this house for weeks... we are on vacation. I will wander about in a sarong serving drinks or food or such, but I don't do floors, windows, or anything else.

Romantic Heretic said...

So looking forward to the JammiesFest, sweetie. I'll bring green make up so I can pretend to be jealous. ;)