Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Calm or Numb? Who knows?

Bigfoot is still going after his tail. At this point, it has become a contest of wills. I have four rolls of tape, two boxes and one roll of gauze, a tube of antibiotic ointment and a bottle of hydrogen peroxide. He has teeth and attitude. Every time he gets a bandage off, I put it back on.

I'm sticking the recipe Lady FineCat Poodley-Dane gave me for a special dog supplement here so I don't lose it on the Lush message board again. Bigfoot ate his first portion in record time and asked for more, so I'm taking that as a good sign.

Satin Balls Half Recipe -- recommended amount to mix up

5 lbs cheap hamburger (for high fat %)
1/2 large box Total cereal (about 6 cups cereal)
1/2 large box uncooked oatmeal (about 7.5 cups oats)
5 raw eggs
1/2 of 15oz jar wheat germ (about 2 cups)
5 packages Knox unflavored gelatin
5/8 cup vegetable oil (this is pretty close to 2/3 cup)
5/8 cup unsulphered molasses
pinch of salt

Satin balls, Scott, not Satan balls. *giggle*

Oh, and I have to add that greater love hath no friend than he who will, when called on the phone on the Fourth of July, put the words "Satin Balls" into a search engine and tell a friend which ingredients she needs at the grocery store.

I adore you, you cranky camelid. *throat-scritchies and a smooch*

4 comments:

Scott said...

Maybe the cone is on the wrong end.

I misread "Satin Balls Half Recipe" as "Satan Balls Half Recipe."

Murphy Jacobs said...

does pupmonster need more hot sauce? I will bring hot sauce.

Becs said...

Satan's balls. Hah hah.

Jammies said...

Scott, I edited in part in your honor.

Sherri, puppymonster has figured a way around the tabasco.

Becs, you hang out with weird people (myself included) if you laugh at such things. ;)