Saturday, July 07, 2007

Panic attack

Not the short of breath anxiety kind, but an attack of panic cleaning. So far, both my room and the guest bedroom are immaculate, but I still have a huge to-do list before I have a houseful of people.

Breezeway: Remove chairs, wash and re-paint
Wash walls
Wash windows
Wash tables
Vacuum
Put everything back!

Kitchen: Clean off counters
Clean off kitchen table
Fix curtain rod
Hang curtains
Wash floors

Living room: Dust & vacuum

Bathroom: Clean tub, sink & toilet
Clean mirrors
Clean floors

Also do approx. 8 loads laundry

Outside: Weed (again!)
Trim dead stuff off hanging basket
Find place to hang oxalis
Fill planter with sand to serve as outdoor ashtray

Even though the list is rather daunting, I'm quite proud of everything I accomplished today. Not only did I get two rooms clean, I filled six boxes with fat clothes, linens and miscellaneous household goods and loaded them into my car for a trip to Goodwill tomorrow.

Stormdog continues to be intransigent about damaging his tail. I don't know what will happen, but I keep swooping down on him and replacing the bandage when I catch him at it. The drawback is that I have to sleep, and he seems to adore going after it at night. *sigh* I'm doing the best I can, but I'm afraid it's not enough.

No comments: