Saturday, July 21, 2007

Family geekitude

When I walked into the warehouse store (BJ's), there was a huge display of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" for $18.29 instead of the $20.99 that Border's is charging. My youngest brother is in from Texas for his high school reunion, and my middle brother was coming up from Columbus to pick up his boys, so I called both of them and asked if they wanted the book. They did, so I got three.

When I got to my folks' house this afternoon, everyone was outside. The kids were playing and the adults were talking. I got out of my car, and my middle brother (the lawyer) comes up to me, holding out a twenty and pretending to twitch, and says, "Dude, did you get the Potter? I need my Potter, man." *giggle*

Then baby brother pretends to read the last page and yells, "OMG, the owl gets it!"

At dinner, when I told Dad that Jay had bought a wireless router for me, he yelled at the top of his lungs, "HE BOUGHT YOU A WHAT!?" He then said that he had two spare ones he could have loaned me, and rolled his eyes as if I should know what's in the packrathabitat he calls his garage. Pfui. *grin*

It was nice to see my brothers and my sisters-in-law, but the best part of the day was when my 18-month old niece fell asleep on me while I was reading a book to her.

1 comment:

Romantic Heretic said...

Nothing like family, is there?

*HUGS*