Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Pupdate

I got a call on Friday that I didn't get the job with WestLaw. 'Sokay, I had made up my mind that this wasn't the right time for me to take the job (but yes, I wanted to be the one turning it down--such is vanity).

Bigfoot's tail has been rebandaged, and will stay that way until it either heals or needs to be removed. Dr. Bob was pleasantly surprised to see that the bone wasn't exposed even though Bigfoot had removed two of the sutures. I think Bob could tell I was on a thin edge, because he made a point of reassuring me that it wasn't my fault. Until the tail heals, I need to change the dressing every other day, adding a splorp of antibiotic ointment with each dressing change. In addition, Bigfoot is now wearing a size 30 Elizabethan collar, the size they use for Danes and Mastiffs.

The huge collar presents a challenge for dinnertime, but I swear my puppymonster is strutting as if he'd suddenly been promoted to Really Big Dog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor doggy. It would be nice if he could keep his tail.

Give the old feller a pat for me.