Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Must be Monday somewhere

Well, Mom, I'm really sorry that I told you how it made me feel to have you ask me to run your personal errands while you're up at the lake and I'm working. Next time, I'll just swallow the anger and let it fester until it explodes.

*tears of hurt, rage and frustration*

Update as of 9:00 p.m.:

Mom must have vented to Dad, because I called the lake house and he was extremely snotty. I was almost in tears when I called Snicker.

Thank you, beautiful. *non-lesbian love and hugs*

POFPRN

5 comments:

Murphy Jacobs said...

*hug*

Anonymous said...

I am glad you told her though.

There needs to be a surgery, perhaps laser, that will remove the mother off one's back.

My mom was a piece of work at times so I feel your pain.

Jammies said...

I just adore all of you.

Sincerely,

A very embarrassed, slightly giggly, intensely hormonal Jammies

Jay said...

it is almost always better to express the issue than to let it eat away at you. *hugs*

Anonymous said...

parents are strange creatures - just because they gave birth to you they think they own you - even when you are well into middle aged curmudgeoness they still look at you as their child aka cheap labor....

and the truth is if she had worded it a bit differently you would have more than likely done it - griping a bit (its a part of being human after all) but doing it anyhow...

i'm not going to bore you with the typical, "well i lost my parents story and i'd give anything for one more argument with my mother" story because thats really not what you want to hear right now and it doesnt help whatever issues you and your mom have

just know you can be close to retirement age and if your parents are still alive they will still consider you their little girl - and thats really not a bad thing...

and i hope you realize your mom really isn't that bad even if she doesn't like one of your two dogs
(no accounting for taste after all)

and i hope you realize that even though i populate your blog with signatures from all sorts of strange people all throught my warped/creative pov - you are still a good woman and even a better friend....