Sunday, July 23, 2006

Sun, Buffett, Rooter & Coffee

What else is needed for a perfect Sunday morning? I woke up at 6:30, rolled over and went back to sleep until 8:12, then got up and let the dogs out and started my morning. So far I've finished one load of laundry, got one in the dryer and one in the washer, weeded along the front sidewalk and watched my resident groundhog ambling through the back yard. Breakfast is in the oven, the coffee is strong and flavored with cinnamon, the sun is shining, Jimmy's singing "Stars on the Water," and I'm so ready for today! It's all otters and kittens this morning.

The first line for a new sock story came to me this morning, "It is a little-known fact that white cotton ankle socks are polyamorous." I'm still not sure if I didn't wear out my sock welcome with three sock stories, but if this one plays out the way I think it will, I'll be able to sit on it until the Halloween contest, at which time I'll decide whether or not to post it. The plot's all there in my head, I just don't know the characters yet.

2 comments:

Murphy Jacobs said...

Go Jammies, Go Jammies!

Anonymous said...

otters, kittens, and giant mutant beardogs?