Monday, March 17, 2008

A little out of step

I spent the first hour at work today wondering why everyone was wearing green. Then someone sent out an e-mail that to celebrate her Irish heritage, she had made soda bread and it was available for everyone.

Oh. Ooops. I work black with royal blue accents today.

There are two reasons I didn't wear green today. The first is that mid-March has always meant middle little brother's birthday. He turned forty last week and he was NOT taking phone calls. It's also the birthday of the inimitable KellyGirl. I'm far more interested in celebrating natal days for friends/family than almost any other holiday.

The second is that I'm still not completely in sync with the whole corporate culture thing. Coming from a small office where we didn't need to do things to "forge a team spirit," I'm out of the habit of dressing in colors for holidays.

Ah well, at least I didn't wear orange.

1 comment:

Lisa Emrich said...

Hi, I apologize for the 'form' letter but it is the easiest way to pass word most quickly.

I am thrilled with the response to the MS Blogger project started at my blog, Brass and Ivory. I appreciate all those who took time to post about it on their blogs. I have discovered even more bloggers who have MS, whether they blog about the MS or not. A new listing is available at MS Blogger Community Project Revised.

Secondly, I'm looking for submissions for next week's Carnival of MS Bloggers. Information can be found at the end of each issue archived at Carnival of MS Bloggers. What I'm looking for this week are posts related to creativity. I discovered so many new bloggers who quilt, or knit, or crochet, or write, or photograph, etc. Basically, what do you do to express yourself?

Thank you so much for participating.

Lisa Emrich

P.S. I also apologize for any increased 'spamming' of blog comments due to my growing linklist of bloggers with MS. For that I am sincerely sorry.