Thursday, May 15, 2008

Stuff I was going to post yesterday...

until Mallie tagged me. :P

On Sunday, I had a weird, sad dream. I was at a conference in a fancy hotel with a friend who, for some reason, was played in my dream by Whoopi Goldberg. There were cute nerds everywhere, and one of them asked for my phone number. However, it turned out that he didn't actually want my number, it was just part of the setup for a practical joke on one of his nerd friends. I can't even get picked up in my own damn dreams.

The guy who messaged me on Yahoo Personals and seemed so cute and nice never got back to me, so I certainly can't get picked up when I'm awake, either.

Tuesday night, I was almost done running a bath when the power went out. I finished my bath by candlelight, which was nice, but then couldn't read or waste time on the interwebbinetz or rot my brain with teevee or really do anything interesting. I did call the police department to make sure there was an outage and not something wrong with the wiring to my house, and apparently there was a bad car accident involving a power pole which then blew a transformer. I really hope no one was too badly hurt.

The geranium air freshener I was so excited to get smells like rose, pleh!

On the good news front, I used up three bags of mulch tonight, and planted 45 gladiolus bulbs, ten lavender plants, one lamium and potted three geraniums, the licorice plant, the helichrysum and one Dusty Miller.

My "stimulus payment" arrived, which means I can pay off some medical bills and stop the annoying messages on my answering machine, plus I got an e-mail indicating that my Clockwork locket will ship soon!

My latest Barnes & Noble order arrived, and I now have almost all of the Harry Dresden books by Jim Butcher and almost all of the Women of the Otherworld books by Kelley Armstrong. Thanks to Sherri and Heather respectively for those addictions.

On Saturday, I am going to Columbus to see my nephew get his next new Tae Kwon Do belt, and on Sunday my folks and I are having some dinner with old family friends.

Bigfoot is eating again, hooray!

And I'm going to be totally obnoxious and put my ticker on every post until JammiesFest is here.


1 comment:

Romantic Heretic said...

*HUGS* Jammies.

Life's like that.