Sunday, May 25, 2008

Halfway there

Apparently, I lost count of my trips to the store and loads of mulch, because I've used thirty-two bags and still have about thirty in the garage. It's okay, though, because I can still use the rest. The front beds are all mulched, and I will do the back in the next few evenings. I still need to get some limestone gravel to fill in the squishy spots in the back flowerbed before I plant a few things, and some potting soil for my tomatos and basil, but I'm pretty much on schedule with the gardening.

I half expected to feel as sore as Zayrina and Santa, but evidently losing the weight and heaving all those bags of mulch into and out of my car has toughened me up a bit. I've got that pleasantly stretched-out feeling that comes from actually using some muscles, but *knock wood* nothing painful. The back flowerbed is going to be a challenge because of the combination of weeds and standing water, but I think I can have it whipped into shape by JammiesFest.

Tomorrow, I need to go put in my time at Mom's office, do laundry, make some dill bread and do some work I brought home with me. All in all, I'd say this was a pretty successful holiday weekend.


4 comments:

Scott said...

Thirty bags of mulch in your garage? Forget about gardening and build a fort.

Murphy Jacobs said...

I've been having the same thing (suspected muscles) from heaving boxes around. It's amazing, isn't it? And scary. I mean, what happens NOW?

Jammies said...

Silly Scott--forts belong in the living room, made of sofa cushions.

Sherri, I don't know, but I think it might be fun.

Anonymous said...

but a mulch fort is going to hold up longer....

course its going to smell funny though.....