Saturday, February 17, 2007

But I'm too young!

I've heard that the older you get, the more you turn into your mother. I always thought that happened much later--you know, in your seventies or something.

At least, that's what I thought until last week.

Back in January, when the Valentine's day stuff first came out, I was at Marc's (a local discount store), and saw these pretty, heart-shaped, red glass vases. I thought, "Oooh, instead of candy for the other women in the office, I'll buy these and fill them with roses!" So I bought four (one for me, too) and set them in the guest room until they were needed.

On Monday, Mom comes in a bit later than usual, carrying a dozen roses. She asks me to come help her, and when I walk into her office, she pulls two pretty, heart-shaped, red glass vases out of her bag and tells me to fill them with water.

Not only did we have the very same idea independent of one another, she beat me to the punch by bringing her flowers in two days early!

What are the odds?

No comments: