Thursday, September 20, 2007

The Good, the Bad and the Snobby

The Good:

My new doctor listens, the office is fresh and immaculate, and it's within walking distance of my house. I don't have gallstones.

The Bad:

Said new doctor isn't sure what is causing the pain, so I have to have an abdominal CT.

The Snobby:

Who is this Robin Thick person, and why is my local smooth jazz station playing his song? It is not even remotely jazz, with its smarmy, moronic lyrics, insipid music and that baby voice! I hope his voice changes soon and/or a family member steals all of his money and he winds up working in the drive-through at a fast-food restaurant somewhere.

Why does a local plastic surgeon find it necessary to have testimonials solely from the husbands of women who've used his services? "My wife had the breast procedure, and..." Yes, your wife got bigger boobs to make you happy, and now she falls over regularly and wonders why her back hurts all the time! Grrrr. May your wife demand that you get your belly fat sucked out and get a dick extension while you're at it. Oh, wait, you already bought the Jaguar!

And why does some idjit who is the new version of Carlton Sheets think that "If you have a mortgage, a car loan, or credit card debt, you are a victim?" Yes, I know that there are predatory lenders out there, but not everyone is a victim of one. I happen to have a mortgage at a local bank, which helped me get my dream house, which, in addition to providing a roof over my head, also improves my credit score and allows me to live in peace and happiness. May a stack of your "free audio CDs" fall on you and smoosh you to death.

3 comments:

lisa said...

Well. I'm glad it's not gallstones. But bummed you don't know what *it* is!

Anonymous said...

Robin Thicke is the son of Alan Thicke and Gloria Loring. I've never heard his music, other than asking that my mother please find another station when he was on her smooth jazz station (Though I say that whenever she listens to smooth jazz, so this in itself isn't necessarily a criticism of Mr. Thicke). If he's not really very good, you may smell nepotism!

I am sorry to hear about your water and your pain. I hope that both are fixed soon.

Jammies said...

Thanks Lisa, Bookworm. I'm sitting here waiting for the plumber when I should be at work requesting primary data on a book.

Plus, I'm mad that I wasted a generous amount of lovely-smelling bubble bath!