Monday, September 03, 2007

Bipolar day

No, not me, the day itself.

I didn't get enough sleep last night.

The toilet overflowed right after I was showered and clean, so I had to use every rag I had on the floor and dump them in the tub until I could take care of them later.

In the car, Bosstopus hit me with a problem she thought we had with one of our wards' checking account.

Then we got to work, and got a whole lot done in four hours.

The place we wanted to go shopping was in a part of Akron that is deteriorating. Numerous businesses have closed, and there wasn't anything resembling a restaurant, just fast-food places.

At first, it looked as if the shopping was going to suck as well, but then we started finding things. I wound up with $178 worth of clothing for $75, Mom bought herself a gorgeous burgundy shrug & skirt outfit, and we found a three-piece set of American Tourister rolling luggage for me for $75.

Then I came home, washed all the gross rags, scrubbed out the bathtub, watered the plants, made my salad for tomorrow, ate a hot dog for dinner, and am sitting here sore as heck, waiting for the washer to finish so I can take a hot bath.

6 comments:

Murphy Jacobs said...

Yay for shopping, BOO for overflowing plumping. Evil plumbing.

Romantic Heretic said...

Life's strange, isn't it? ;)

Anonymous said...

Buying luggage so you can come visit?

Otterboyy said...

"I didn't get enough sleep last night."

That's cause you haven't cybered with me enough.

"The toilet overflowed right after I was showered and clean, so I had to use every rag I had on the floor and dump them in the tub until I could take care of them later."

Those damn toilet gnomes will do it every time!

"In the car, Bosstopus hit me with a problem she thought we had with one of our wards' checking account"

Hit the Bosstopus back with a non-sensical retort such as "Do your horns support your halo?"


"Then we got to work, and got a whole lot done in four hours."

You said the "W" word!! Get it off me get it off!!!

"The place we wanted to go shopping was in a part of Akron that is deteriorating. Numerous businesses have closed, and there wasn't anything resembling a restaurant, just fast-food places."

You said the "S" word!! Get it off me get it off!!

I'm not even going to comment the next paragraph! Still haven't recovered from the "W" and the "S" word!

"Then I came home, washed all the gross rags, scrubbed out the bathtub, watered the plants, made my salad for tomorrow, ate a hot dog for dinner, and am sitting here sore as heck, waiting for the washer to finish so I can take a hot bath."

Best part of that entire thing was "hot bath"

Hugs from M* (and M but if she knew what I posted she'd throw her bag of rocks** at me) in So Cal.

*formerly, currently and will always be known as Otterboyy

**no its not my testicles removed that she is throwing at me (but that does leave some interesting psychological explorations to consider)!!!

Anonymous said...

You know everytime u mentions yer bosspeoples, I iz finkin u iz in Bloom County and yer bosspeoples is a penguin.....

Jammies said...

Sherri, said evil plumbing only overflows about once every five years, and it stood up to JammiesFest traffic with no problem. Better it happen when it's just me, at least, yes?

Rob--'tis indeed.

Zayrina, I will visit you when I get to be Eyeball Girl at your wedding, sooner if possible, but the luggage is for the Disney cruise next February with the whole famdamnily.

OtterMark, my dear, you never OFFER to cyber with me, so that's out as a sleep aid. :P Be nice, or I will send you a message on Yahoo just filled with the "W" word and the "S" word. Give the other M a hug for me, please.

Mike, I am not referring to a penguin, but using a conflation of "boss" and "octopus" because the non-penguin had a habit of holding out six jobs at once, and then sneaking up on me with the seventh and eighth. I still love her, though, and I still miss working with her daily.