Friday, December 04, 2009

In which I reveal myself as an ungrateful and tactless bitch

First of all, thank you all for the support and concern. I'll be okay. Today was a day to wear all black, goof off and mope at work, and eat more comfort food (kibbie!).

I am going to rant just a little bit here, and please, please don't take the following personally.

If you are one of the friends or colleagues or relatives who told me this was a new beginning, it's too freaking early for that. First, I have to mourn the ending and get all the sadness and anger out of my system. See me in a month or so, okay? I love you, but I can't take cheer-up thoughts or messages right now.

If you are one of the people who said, "Call me when you're ready to talk," I love you, but I will not ever be ready to talk about this. It sucks rabid swamp rats, I'm hurt and furious and miserable, but I will get over it. And when I do, I will want to move on with no post-mortems, no discussions. When I suck it up, I suck it all the way up.

If you are one of the people with worse things going on in your life, thank you for taking the time to be here for me and for not telling me it could be worse. Given what a bunch of my friends are going through right now with life, health, and family issues, I know my troubles are small. I am really honestly grateful that you have taken time to offer consolation to me.

Right now, the tactless, ungrateful bitch needs a bath.

7 comments:

Zayrina said...

Bnitch.

XXXXXXXXX

I miss when we used to make fun of men in sexchat.

Anonymous said...

I hope your bath was a good one you cantankerous dirty old woman!

-O-boy

P.S. HA! I ducked the Captcha! this time it wanted iumsmap. Funny thing tho is that when I mumbled it out loud, Mel said "Bless you"

*shrug*

Mike From Eerie (who forgot his google passowrd) said...

No, a bitch is the last thing you are being....

It's the one phrase that is both an insult and a complement, but in this case it's a complement: you are just being human.

And i owe you the apology - in my over eagerness to want to help i forgot the one very thing you mentioned: you will need time to recover from this.

So can you accept my apology?

Murphy Jacobs said...

I gotta get you a t shirt that says "BITCH" on it, just for days like this.

In pink.

Romantic Heretic said...

You can borrow my nunchucks.

Find an old box or crate, imagine it is the psychopath responsible for this and whale away. Watching them shatter into tiny little pieces will be wonderfully therapeutic. *evil grin*

Jay said...

I am far too pretty for you to be directing all the vitreol at me! And since I've made none of the comments you mentioned before, I know I will be spared your wrath.

Wallow, scream, gnash, pace, pout, do what-ever you need. If you desire my input, just let me know!

Jammies said...

Zayrina, you strumpent. Sexchat itself is gone now. *sigh*

Otter, I'm amazed that Mel still thinks you're worth blessing! :p

Mike, you have nothing for which to apologize--you were saying what you honestly thought and felt. We're good. :)

Sherri, I look better in royal blue. ;)

Rob, with my lack-o-coordination, I'd have them rebound into my forehead and I'd be job-hunting with a goosegg and a black eye.

Jay, you just need to apologize for being all revoltingly perfect. :p