Friday, May 15, 2009

Thank you all

for the love and support. I suspect I'm still a little bit in denial or something--I haven't cried at all since Monday night, and I feel sort of insulated from everything. Littlefoot didn't eat anything between Monday night and Thursday morning, but he's back to being his chowhound self. He's not straying more than six feet from me, not even to go sleep on my bed, which used to be his favorite spot in the world. Tomorrow, I have to go pick up Stormdog's ashes before I go to my water-walking class, and then I have to decide where I will keep them.

Probably in the study, because that's where I am most of the time, but I could also just move them around to all of the sunny spots in the house throughout the day.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who has supported me in this.

4 comments:

Romantic Heretic said...

More *HUGS*, Jammies.

Herrad said...

Hi Pamela,

Crying my eyes out reading about your dog Bigfoot.

My glasses are al l fogged up.

Hope you are doing well and having a good weekend.

Love,

Herrad

Mike S said...

You know me - i don't usually recommend books to others that often. i have read a of books in my time, and find that a totally personal experience. What I like someone else might not, etc.

There is a book that i would recommend for you right now - i read it myself a few thousand times since it first came out, and then ended up letting someone else borrow it:

http://www.amazon.com/Survive-Loss-Love-Peter-McWilliams/dp/0931580439

It's totally cheesy and really really basic and kinda "give yourself a hug" mentality. But it has some really basic things in there that people tend to forget when they grieve.

I think what you are goin thru is normal. And don't worry about not crying - besides a lot of us doing our share of it for you, you will find yourself crying at some point. Some time when you are used to Bigfoot being there and realize he just isn't there in body you will get teary eyed just a bit. And then Littlefoot will stick his nose in your face and demand attention.

Put him in the sun - he would have loved that.

Mike From Eerie (who forgot his google passowrd) said...

i wish you would post something - just to let us know how you are doing...

You know - all three of your loyal readers...

The good thing is i don't have to come to this link any more and read those sad two posts previously (one of the few good things for having an extremely old monitor) but right now i would just love to know how you are doing...

Don't make me call you - i will you know....