Thursday, January 25, 2007

I picked a bad day to quit sniffing glue.

Since Sunday, I've felt leaden and blue. It was so bad that I snapped at Bosstopus for no reason whatsoever yesterday, and today apologized. Last night, I made the decision to ask my neurologist to increase my Lexapro dosage. I'm not a leaden, blue person--I'm a happy person with effed-up brain chemistry.

Then today my period started. Bleah. First of all, it wasn't supposed to start until five to ten days after my last dose of Provera, which was Monday. Second, Lexapro does nothing to help with PMS, which I know after two+ years of taking the stuff.

So now I have cramps, my mood's lower than a snake's testicles, and I don't know whether I should ask for an increased dosage on the antidepressant or not. If there weren't a frozen, harsh wind blowing, I'd go rent the movie I stole my post title from (and if you don't recognize it, you're a child, go away, I don't want to feel old). Since I can't face freezing myself again just for a movie, I shall have a hot Lush bath, and probably follow it up with the yumminess that is my mom's homemade pulled pork, and bless her for sharing with me (she heard the chili story and thought I might like something different *grin* ).

*sigh*

I just have to keep reminding myself that there are only 22 days until my surgery!

No comments: