Thursday, January 11, 2007

I guess the word is out

and Jammies' Halfway House for Wayward Otters is now open.

The first two otters arrived from Atlanta in September (thanks, Fuzzy!). That would be Opal & Ophelia.

Orville came from Erie, PA in time for Christmas, which was when Oscar made the trip from San Diego (via Orlando, FL).

Last night, when I got home, Orville's cousin was waiting on the doorstep. He doesn't have a name yet, but he is just as cute and soft as the rest of my wayward otters, so of course, he is staying. Captain Spaulding is checking to see if he inadvertently signed me up for the "Otter of the Month Club." If he did, I have to say that the January otter is identical to the December otter.

Not only do I have the joy of a new fuzzy friend, I have almost all of my November Amazon order, including two books I've been dying to read; four Lush Holiday bubble bars courtesy of a sweet shop manager in San Francisco; AND the ultrasound showed no bad things in my uterus and hot doctor is going to remove my girl bits on February 19th.

This calls for a happy chair dance!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Still no word about why da other Otterer showed up on your doorstep. I'm thinkin they was buddies back in the shop, and the second one just made a break for it once they took his buddy away from him.

Anonymous said...

PS. Does that make the first one i sent you Orville Redenotter....

(either you say it really slowly and think of popcorn to get the joke, or its going to seem a lot more stupid in the morning when the sun out then it does now....)

Jammies said...

GROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAN

Anonymous said...

Otters should never, ever, EVER contain squeekies. That's just how it is. No Squeekies.

Unknown said...

Congrats on the results of the ultrasound. *hugs*

KLN said...

Hey, make sure they leave SOME of those bits (unless you want to got on HRT).

Did yoiu JUST get that Amazon order? I think I've had three or four come through in the same time period. What the heck did you order?

Oh, one last thing, you've been tagged :-)

Jammies said...

All of my otterses are squeaky-free, Sherri.

Thanks, Crimmie. *hugs*

K, they are taking ALL of the bits. HRT can't be any worse than what I've suffered the last mumblety years.

And drat on the tag. :-p

Anonymous said...

So what are you gonna name my cousin? (His given name was Orson, by the way.)

Jammies said...

Orson is an excellent ottername.

Oh, and yes, K, that was the order I placed on November 17th.