Sunday, November 08, 2015

Elections, attorneys and flash crushes

Everything I wanted happened at the polls on Tuesday.  One of our magistrates was elected as a Municipal Court judge, my school district's bond issue passed, Ohioans said Hell No to amending the constitution to create a monopoly and a qualified candidate was elected as Municipal Court Clerk of Courts.

I was both surprised and amused to see that a local attorney who's been doing domestic cases for a long time has absolutely plastered her truck with Bernie Sanders signs.  And on October 30, a group of local attorneys who perform as a rock band called Roxy Moron dressed up as characters from The Wizard of Oz and played live at the Tangier.  I didn't go, admission was $50, but I got to see pictures, including one of our Chief Magistrate dressed as the gatekeeper of Emerald City!

Everyone's heard of flash mobs, flash fiction and flash floods, but on Thursday I had three successive flash crushes. :-)  All were on attorneys, two of whom were definitely my "type", and all three of whom made me laugh.

I am looking forward to my day off on Wednesday, and I have lots of plans which may or may not come to fruition.

2 comments:

Familiar Purrson said...

Lucky. Down Home put in solid Boss Hawg-brand GOP, except for Jim Hood, who's a Jim Hood brand Democrat, and managed to roll back Brown vs. the Board of Education for our state, effectively killing public schooling, all at the same time.

Jammies said...

Oh dear, that's awful.