Monday, April 25, 2011

I think I'll sit this one out

On Thursday, I had an interview that went so well that I was offered a second interview on the spot. That second interview was today, and if offered the job, I definitely will not be taking it. The big boss, who interviewed me today, came across as a huge jerk, and there is no way I want to spend eight hours a day in a trailer with him. At the end of the interview, he complimented me on listening rather than talking, and although I said "Thank you," I was thinking "Well, you didn't let me get a word in edgewise." *snort*

2 comments:

Becs said...

Once again, you're very wise at recognizing potential tormentors.

Because NJ unemployment laws say I had to take any reasonable offer of employment, I was verrrry careful about which job openings I interviewed for. And I never turned down an interview, but I knew if it was likely a bad gig, it always seemed like an interview was hard to schedule. Cough.

Jammies said...

Thanks, Becs! I've not even gotten a lot of interviews, but since my UE benefits have run out, I can go on the interviews and turn down the jobs if I get a bad vibe.