Thursday, June 02, 2011

Book review

The PassageThe Passage by Justin Cronin

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This book does a great job of reclaiming vampires as evil, scary, formerly human beings rather than the romantic ravishers they seem to have become. Somehow, Mr. Cronin managed to combine apocalyptic, dystopian, gubmint-conspiracy, questing, horror, sci-fi and a little bit of humor into a book that had me looking away from the page in an effort to stop bad things from happening to characters I like and yet sad when I reached the end and a little bummed that I have to wait another year for the next book.



There are two reasons this got 4 stars instead of 5:



Conroy shouldn't have died. That was just mean.



Mr. Cronin, you're a professional writer. Learn the difference between "retched" and "wretched" before I am forced to beat you with a hardbound copy of Webster's.



View all my reviews

No comments: