Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Separated at birth...

My Littlefoot and Mallie's Ophelia. Nevermind that one is a brown dog and the other is a tuxedo cat. They both have the ability to transform ordinary pet food into fumes which violate the Geneva Convention, they both have too much fur, and both of them get to sleep after keeping their owners up all night.

Whatever made Bigfoot sick last week, he got better (no, he wasn't a newt). Littlefoot is the sick one this week, and last night, he woke me up every ninety minutes wanting to go out. Because there's a certain amount of adrenalin involved in having a dog bark in your ear in the middle of the night and knowing it's going to be a race to make it to the back door before said dog explodes, every time it happened I lost about 30 minutes of sleep.

Like his spiritual twin, Littlefoot slept all day. I had to wrestle with civil jury instructions and coding of same.

3 comments:

Scott said...

No inside dogs for me. Nope. I don't want to have to clean up loads of doggy diarrhea sprayed all over my belongings.

Anonymous said...

I have always had inside dogs. It is worth the clean up because I have doggy love sprayed all over myself and my belongings.

Murphy Jacobs said...

I've had both indoor and outdoor dogs, and indoor and outdoor cats. The occasional abberational behavior is minor, really, but makes for great stories.

Besides, no one lets you have outdoor kids and they are far more regularly messy and diarhetic.