Monday, May 29, 2006

Worried about the most important male in my life

Bigfoot, the older of my two dogs, has a giant swelling on one of his beautiful, sail-like, black velvet ears. It started yesterday morning, of course. Sunday of a holiday weekend, and me without the wherewithal to take him the ER vet, where they look at you with little dollar signs in their eyes. I'm ticked at Dr. Terry for closing his 24/7 vet hospital, and worried about Bigfoot. He seemed to be okay with it, so I figured it could wait until Wednesday. However, when I touched the ear just now, it's hot as hell, so he's got to go in tomorrow. That means I need to be up by 5:30 so I can get him in to the vet and still be at work on time.

So of course, I'm not sleeping. Ack. 100 mgs benadryl ought to have put me out an hour ago, but nooooo. Damnit.

No comments: