Sunday, April 10, 2016

Leftovers from the trip and a great reason to be home

My flight home was unremarkable except for the couple of hours I got to spend at the airport with Captain Crossword and the princesses.

I see that I forgot to post this picture of a calm, cool and collected Jack Russell terrier being a service dog:


He and his person were seeing the sights as I was waiting for John and Jen at the Leaky Cauldron.




One thing I discovered was that wearing my glasses for 4 straight days (I need them for distance vision, so I usually only wear them for driving) plus putting 3D glasses over top of them at least 3 times, made the nose pads push into my nose and leave an actual bruise.  So I hopped over to Zenni and ordered two pairs with solid frames.  They cost me $30 total and arrived in two weeks.  I've been wearing the heck out of the green frames because they make my eyes look green.


More importantly than new glasses or even cute dogs, I got to do something very important at work.  My friend Doc and I have known each other since 3rd grade, and last year when the Obergfell decision came down, I sent her a text saying that I wanted to be the clerk who signed her marriage license.  Doc and Red weren't ready last summer, but they are ready now.  My friend the Time Lord walked me through taking their oath and signing their license while another clerk took pictures.  The judge was even around and she met them both!



I showed them my desk and introduced them to some of my co-workers, and then we made plans to meet for an early dinner.  I felt a little bad for Red because Doc and I were chattering so hard and fast that she didn't get a word in edgewise, but I couldn't help noticing a ton of non-verbal communication between the two of them.  All I want is for my oldest friend in the world to be happy, and I think she's there with more happiness to come. <3 p="">

No comments: